Terms and Conditions
Transportation of Goods
1. By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use https://dapsatransport.co.za/ if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the DAP SA Transport terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to DAP SA Transport. “Party”, “Parties”, or “US”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Republic of South Africa. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
2. DAP SA Transport reserves the right to transport the goods received from any Customer and/or Consignor by any means at its disposal and may use any other service providers to perform and complete its duties if needed. All goods that require forwarding to facilitate delivery may be held at DAP SA Transport discretion at the Customer and/or Consignor’s cost until suitable delivery arrangements can be made. DAP SA Transport is entitled to use independent parties to perform any of the functions required for completion of its duties. We shall have no responsibility or liability to the Customer and/or Consignor for any act, or omission of such third party even though DAP SA Transport may be responsible for the payment for such third parties charges. DAP SA Transport however reserves the right to, at its sole election, take action on behalf of the Customer and/or Consignor should the independent carrier fail to carry out its duties suitably. The costs associated with taking such action would be for the account of the Customer and/or Consignor and are payable on demand.
3. You need to ensure that you provide us with correct:
- Pick-up address
- Drop-off / Delivery address
- Dimensions, Weight, Number and Contents of goods
- Contact Name and Number of authorized person to receive the goods
- Special Instruction
If any goods have not been accepted or collected by the Consignee and/or its nominee within a reasonable time after the tender thereof, and for the purposes thereof notification to the Consignee and/or its nominee of the fact that the goods are been delivered to the address provided by the Customer shall be deemed to be a good and sufficient tender, unless the Customer shall give Us instructions to redeliver the goods, at the Customer’s expense, We shall be entitled and authorized irrevocably and in rem suam, to sell or dispose of the goods and retain from the proceeds for the charges, expenses and costs incurred in the transportation and storage thereof.
Should the Customer and/or Consignor fail to settle his obligations to DAP SA Transport, We shall have the right, without notice to the Customer and/or Consignor, to sell either by public auction or private treaty, and at its entire discretion the whole or part of the goods and to apply the proceeds of any such sale, after deducting all expenses accruing in payment of or towards any sum due by the Customer, and/or Consignor to DA SA Transport and to pay the Customer and/or Consignor any surplus, without interest, within sixty (60) days after such sale whereupon
DAP SA Transport shall be released of all liability whatsoever in respect of the goods transported.
The clause outlined above shall not prejudice any common law rights in respect of non-payment by the Customer and/or Consignor of DAP SA Transport’s remuneration. Any charges that may be incurred by US in respect of the storage, sales or disposal of the goods and the compilation of any documents relating thereto shall be incurred on an attorney and own client scale.
4. Dangerous Goods
No goods will be received or accepted by DAP SA Transport including radioactive materials which are or may become dangerous, inflammable or noxious, or which by their nature are or may become liable to cause injury or damage to any person, goods or property whatsoever without DAP SA Transport’s consent in writing prior to the goods being tendered. DAP SA Transport reserves the right to destroy any of the above should the necessary consent not be confirmed in writing prior to the goods being tendered. Whether or not the Customer and/or Consignor was aware of the nature of the goods and whether or not DAP SA Transport’s written acceptance thereof was obtained, The Customer and/or Consignor shall be deemed to have indemnified DAP SA Transport against loss, damage or liability caused by DAP SA Transport as a result of the tender of the goods to DAP SA Transport. DAP SA Transport shall not transport any prohibited goods including any goods and materials, the transportation of which is prohibited by any laws, rules and/or regulations. In the event that the Customer and/or Consignor consigns such items with DAP SA Transport, the Customer and/or Consignor shall indemnify DAP SA Transport against all claims, damages or losses arising in connection herewith and DA SA Transport shall have the right to deal with such items as it shall see fit including the right to abandon carriage of the same immediately upon DA SA Transport having knowledge that such items infringes on these conditions. The Customer and/or Consignor shall be responsible and liable, without limitations for all costs, fines, damages, loss of income and/or legal costs which DAP SA Transport may incur as a result of the Customer and/or Consignor’s breach of this clause.
5. DAP SA Transport and /or its nominee reserve the right to open and examine any goods tendered to fulfill security obligations at any time.
If it is necessary for an examination to be conducted by DAP SA Transport in respect of any discrepancy in the goods which are landed from any vessel, aircraft, vehicle or container, no responsibility to comply with any regulations, laws and/or obligations pertaining to the goods remains that of the Customer and/or Consignor, notwithstanding the contractual relationship between the Company and Customer and/or Consignor.
6. Tariffs and Quotations
All quotations, rates, tariffs and surcharges are subject to withdrawal or revision by DAP SA Transport at any time. DA SA Transport shall be at liberty to revise all quotations, rates, tariffs or surcharges with or without noticing cases where costs are affected by any of its suppliers and may do so without notice to the Customer. Charges are calculated on the basis of either actual or volumetric mass, and for purposes of rating, the greater of the two calculations is deemed to be the chargeable mass for the purposes of measuring the volume, mass and/or dimensions of any package. The measurements as calculated by the dimensions machinery and/or company representative will be regarded as conclusive proof of the volume, mass and/or dimensions of the package so measured. Only written quotations provided by DAP SA Transport will be valid.
7. DAP SA transport shall not be liable for any loss, damage or deterioration of any goods. The packaging of Customer and/or Consignor’s goods for transportation is the sole responsibility of the Customer and/or Consignor, including the placing of the goods in any vehicle supplied to the Customer and/or Consignor by DAP SA Transport or Our Sub-contractors. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer and/or Consignor to adequately address each consignment to enable effective delivery thereof.
8. Insurance – We strongly advise to insure your consignment against all insurable risks during packing, moving, shipping and storage for their full replacement value at destination
9. Payments – Cash or Instant EFT strictly before pick up